Currently, we have one open position! (Energy Engineer III)
If you are interested, please contact us.
Job title: Energy Engineer III (PE & CEM Required)
Job Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Job Category: Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: 85K – 100K Annually (plus commission)
Benefits: Medical Insurance
Job description and duties:
• This position is for an Energy Engineer to play a leadership role in CVAL Innovations’ project development and implementation team. This position will be located in the greater Dallas area.
• Analyzes, validates, and evaluates complex energy and facility performance data. Benchmarks energy performance against comparable buildings.
• Acts as team lead for building energy audits, conducts energy and sustainability analyses, and identifies opportunities to increase/improve building efficiencies and performance.
• Inspects and monitors building systems to determine energy use, identify energy savings opportunities, and quantify savings potential.
• Prepares written analyses and presents recommendations for building improvements.
• Prepares design documents and project specifications.
• Develops administrative and operational plans, project budgets, and implementation timelines in conjunction with the management team.
• Manages teams of contractors and in-house staff to ensure timely execution of energy projects in accordance with project specifications and budgets. Reviews and approves contractor payments.
• Visits project job sites and review contractor job progress and quality of work.
• Communicates with a broad team of stakeholders; provides specialized reports, serves as a technical expert, and trains clients’ personnel on proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Measures and verifies utility savings associated with completed projects.
• Acts as a subject matter expert on topics related to energy conservation, sustainability, and building technologies.
• Participates in and directs research and evaluations of new energy efficiency approaches, measures, practices, and equipment.
• Suggests and implements management solutions to address new or ongoing problems within the project development and implementation team.
• Exercise direct supervision over assigned staff and hired contractors. Trains staff as necessary.
• Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, physical sciences, architecture, or a related field.
• At least five (5) years increasingly responsible experience in energy management or energy engineering field, including at least two (2) years of supervisory experience.
• License and certification:
o Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)
o Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
• Knowledge of building energy systems, including: heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC); HVAC controls; refrigeration; lighting and lighting controls; building envelope; motors; domestic hot water; and process loads.
• Knowledge of energy management practices.
• Knowledge of energy audit practices and instrumentation.
• Skilled in implementing, coordinating, and leading multifaceted energy efficiency and/or conservation projects for large commercial or public buildings.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Master’s Degree.
• License, certifications, and accreditation:
o Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP)
o Building Commissioning Professional (BCxP)
o Building Energy Assessment Professional (BEAP)
o Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP)
o Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
o Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP)
o Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
• Ability to manage multiple building upgrade projects concurrently.
• Knowledge of professional service and construction contracts.
• Energy modeling experience.
• Skilled in project scheduling.
• Skilled in quantitative analysis methodology to analyze energy use, energy rates, and utility bill data.
• Skilled in life cycle cost analysis for energy efficiency measures.
• Skilled in facility energy performance bench-marking.
• Skilled in use of computer applications and software associated with the preparation of plans and engineering computations.
• Ability to interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
Compensation & Benefits:
The compensation for this position includes salary commensurate with experience, paid holidays and vacation, and health insurance.