CVAL Innovations has developed a five-step Integrated Design Process to provide total energy solution and reduce energy, water and O&M cost for both commercial and industrial buildings.The goal of this process is to improve both comfort and cash-flow by reducing waste. Throughout every stage, we ensure fluid communication with our customers and stakeholders, to review that the phase deliverables are met and the project is ready to move to the next phase.
STEP 1: UNDERSTAND
- Perform a high-level assessment of each facility to assess opportunities.
- Analyze one or more years of energy bills.
- Develop an assessment report that identifies opportunities with the approximate savings estimates.
STEP 2: MEASURE
- Perform a detailed audit conducted by our certified assessors. Analyze thermal envelope, lighting equipment, HVAC systems, process loads, and other energy-consuming systems.
- Measure power quality, consumption and usage patterns.
- Analyze facility data to identify the opportunities that maximize savings.
- Evaluate project costs and calculate pay-back period and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Prepare a Measure phase report with energy-saving recommendations and cash-flow calculations.
- Assist with financing, grants, and incentives to further improve the payback period.
STEP 3: DESIGN
- Software modeling and conduct detailed heat-loss analysis.
- Load calculations and optimal sizing of the equipment.
- Work with customers and MEP firms to discuss design alternatives.
- Put an implementation plan in place based on customer requirements.
STEP 4: IMPLEMENT
- Source qualified sub-contractors to implement their respective areas as per project specifications.
- Manage project implementation while ensuring timely delivery.
- Process incentive, rebate, and grant paper work as desired by the customer.
- Commission equipment and train operators.
STEP 5: CONTROL
- Perform six-month and one-year review to assess the benefit of implementation.
- Educate operations personnel to ensure persistence of energy savings.
- Perform ongoing measurement and verification of energy savings if needed.
Strategic Utility Evaluation
- Conduct assessment of client needs
- Assess customers’ current energy program, if any
- Identify and correct billing or metering errors
- Evaluate utility rate classes and identify savings opportunities
Portfolio Energy Use Analysis
- Benchmark energy use by facility
- Compare facility energy performance to similar sites
- Establish strategic reduction goals
Comprehensive Energy and Water Assessments
- Assess facility and inventory equipment
- Evaluate primary building and equipment systems:
- Building envelope: windows, doors, roof, walls, crawlspaces
- Heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilation
- Interior and exterior lighting systems
- Domestic water fixtures and domestic hot water
- Irrigation and outdoor water features
- Process loads, plug loads, and appliances
- Controls and management systems
- Evaluate operation and maintenance program
- Identify no-cost and low-cost improvements
Turnkey Customized Retrofits
- Recommend energy and water conservation measures
- Perform financial and cost/benefit analysis
- Design retrofit solutions and specifications
- Evaluate and select qualified contractors
- Provide construction administration to implement retrofits
- Commission equipment and train operators
Streamlined Project Financing
- Identify financing opportunities to meet customer needs
- Establish project funding to ensure cash-flow positive project
- Administer rebate, grant, and incentive applications
Savings Verification and Reporting
- Measure and verify utility savings
- Compare improved facility energy performance to similar sites
- Provide custom reporting tailor to client needs
Want to know how much energy your building can save?